[pct-l] Canadian Entry Permit Denied

Oliphant, Matthew moliphant at asymtek.com
Wed Mar 11 10:46:00 CDT 2009

Just to clear the air, I am not a pedophile or a drunkard.  However, I do have a funny story about a drunkard at VVR.

At about midnight, a fellow hiker arrived at his bunk in the communal hiker tent from drinking at the bar.  He passed out and then awoke an hour later to address his bursting bladder.  Standing INSIDE the tent he proceeded to firehose the inside common area of the tent and one unfortunate sleeping hiker's gear.

I was wide awake and stunned.  I couldn't believe it.  Another guy stood up to confront the drunkard but chose not to charge Irrigation Man.  My girlfriend was also awake in her bunk (lower bunk, closer to the line of fire,) equally stunned...  Irrigation Man returned to fall into his bunk and struck his forehead on the steel headboard of the bunkbed.  Karma knocked him out that night.

The second bladder movement several hours later made its way thru the tent door and onto the landing.

In the morning, I wrote a message on the VVR message board voicing my displeasure.  When the office opened They quickly erased the message and sent room-service to investigate.  I was in the tent when room-service arrived to inspect the damage.  He said, "I hate this part" (???) as he bent down to smell the moisture.  His vehement conclusion was that it was dog urine despite the fact that there were three witnesses.

Turns out that Irrigation Man was working at VVR in exchange for free beer.

I will not stay in another communal tent (especially at VVR.)

Regards,
Matthew
(Deer in the headlights Career Criminal)