[pct-l] denied entry to canada

Bob Bankhead wandering_bob at comcast.net
Wed Mar 11 15:20:06 CDT 2009

So, is there any truth to the rumors that Canada is going to set up a toll booth just north of Monument 78 as a fiscal supplement for Ottowa?

I've also heard that to motivate greater use thereof, the Mounties on duty there will be wearing their full scarlet jacket formal attire and will also pass out free "Welcome to Canada" snowcones to the filthy hordes crossing their border. You can even get a free photo taken of the Mountie welcoming you as you step over the border (albeit illegally) into the country.

That ought to get a rise out of the cash-strapped US Immigatration and Customs Service. Maybe they'll set up a competing booth on our side to service south-bound Canadian thrus. Just think, they could also levy a toll on hikers entering and leaving the USA - perhaps based on the weight of their pack. Progressive discounts offered for UL and SUL packs. Big tolls for those 60 pound dinosaurs.

It's time for my pills now.

Wandering Bob