[pct-l] maps

LumberJack themtgoat at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 12 01:56:59 CDT 2009

I used the guide book maps, but prefer 15 minute style maps, when I re-did the Northern terminus, I bought the PCT maps for Northern Washington.
The guide book maps, are black and white, and blue, and not quite as nice as I liked.
I agree, having real maps is nice. I am prepping to do a section of the CDT, and they have maps availble that you can print out on
standard printer paper. 1" to a mile, like the standard 15" maps. This works much better I thought.

Good look,
Mountain Goat

[pct-l] maps
    Emily Lawlor
    elawlor at gmail.com

    Wed Mar  4 11:38:34 CST 2009
after reading Yogi's book and talking with past thru hikers I was convinced
that the maps in the guidebooks would be sufficient and I wouldn't need to
buy any other maps. But the more I think about it, the more I'd like to have
proper maps. I like to have some perspective while I am hiking and feel most
comfortable with a map. I noticed the PCTA has a map series, with a few
missing it looks like but my question is: has anyone else or is anyone else
bringing maps besides the guidebooks? Or should I just get over it and just
rely on the guidebook maps? THANKS!
Emily