[pct-l] water filtration

Andrea Harrison andylouharrison at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 12 10:56:00 CDT 2009

Two things -
1 - I am looking to replace my old PUR water filter. It was great, screwed on top of my water bottle and I pumped away, being able to drink instantly. And it weighed a few ounces. The problem is, PUR nor Katydn make it anymore. However, I did come across a product called Frontier Pro by Aquamira that claims to do almost the same thing and weighs just a few ounces. Anyone heard of it.
2 - I am planning to dayhike several pieces of the PCT starting at Cajon Junction and going north (NW) through the Angeles the week of April 6 (week before Easter). The idea is to do a dayhike each day, car camping inbetween. My goal is to get from Hwy 15 to McGuffy campground or Inspiration point doing three day hikes. Anyone want to join me and my son so we can leapfrog the cars and not have to backtrack?
Thanks -
Trail Sampler