[pct-l] Times they are a changing

Charlie & Nancy Zapp cnzapp at comcast.net
Thu Mar 12 11:45:30 CDT 2009

I agree no one "needs" a trail name.  Having said that I find the
beauty of them is you are who you are based on the trail and not your
life, career, profession, or status off of the trail.  I like that
fact of being with folks for days, weeks or maybe even months before
you learn who/what they are elsewhere.  Of course if they are a serial
killer it would be nice to know that, but they probably wouldn't tell
you that anyhow.  It sort of levels the playing field and age and
gender have little to do with anything.  Also trail names seem better
when given to you by other hikers instead of coming up with them
yourself
Piece of Work