[pct-l] Base Weight Calculation

Fuzz McPherson fuzzmcpherson at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 12 12:52:07 CDT 2009

Hey.

This might sound like a strange position to take on the subject, but, if you can carry it, and want it with you, and you can do the hike comfortably, who cares what the base weight or any other weight is?  I mean, if you don't think it's worth carrying it, don't carry it, and vice versa.

That isn't a rip on anyone at all.  I just figure, it's a long hike, so don't carry stuff you don't need, and vice versa.  I wish I could carry a mini-fridge and a portable generator to keep it running so I could keep a few cases of beer cold...  But, I don't, you know!

:-)