[pct-l] stoves

gwschenk at socal.rr.com gwschenk at socal.rr.com
Thu Mar 12 13:13:32 CDT 2009

I have a Primus Himalaya Multi-fuel and find it superior to the MSR Whisperlite. It seems better for field use. More rugged, less maintenance. The Primus works well with either white gas or butane/propane, which is a nice plus.

I do like the idea of not using canisters that can't be easily monitored for fuel use, and not wasting resources by just tossing empty canisters.

On the other hand, they are heavy and overkill for a summer hike.

Gary