[pct-l] Base Weight Calculation

ned at pacificcrestcustombuilders.com ned at pacificcrestcustombuilders.com
Thu Mar 12 13:31:25 CDT 2009

Hey, I'm there with Fuzz!  I carry all sorts of stuff that I want, "creature
comforts" like books, heavy tents, and fun things to do around camp. I'm out
there for the walk, the views I can capture on film (big, heavy cameras...),
the side activities like climbing peaks, swimming, fishing, exploring side
trails, climbing trees, and taking pictures of picas and such, cooking big
meals to gobble all to myself, and to enjoy the camp life like eating a hot
breakfast and dinner in the warmth of my sleeping bag in my tent away from
the mosquitoes or sitting around the rare fire enjoying the moment.

In the winter, where there are no bears, dirt, or mosquitoes, I pull a
7-foot Kifaru sled built by Pat Smith (of Mountainsmith fame) to accomplish
having all this fun. My son pulls a shorter version and swears, someday,
that he's going to tie the Weber BBQ on and bring it into the backcountry!

Mtnned