[pct-l] Journey Steri Pen

Charles W. Davidson chaseat99 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 12 16:19:01 CDT 2009

Hi Gang,
                Well I sent my non working Journey Steri Pen back to
Nitro-Pak,com for refund. They said they will even repay my postage if
they determine it is defective....  I was hoping that they would offer
to rush me another Steri-pen but since they didn't I drove to REI in
Greensboro, NC only 56 miles away. I got to compare the three types and
I chose the Classic model that uses 4  AA batteries. This model does
twice as much water on a set of batteries. The whole thing in its Velcro
pouch weighs 6.5 oz with Lithium Batteries in place. Aquamara weighs 3.2
oz for reference. I left the Steri pen in the freezer all night and it
worked fine this morning. Sunday I will head out for a week backpacking
trip with Linda. I will do a lot of purifying water on this trip. This
is the same water that I have been drinking un purified for the last 36
year. LOL I like electronic gadgets.  REI gave me my 20% members one
item discount and I used up my rebate too.

ps keep your nasty filter out of my drinking water

Chase

<PASTE>

>         My Journey steripen wouldn't work first night out. I have only used
>     it testing maybe 6 liters and 3 pints. I didn't carry extra batteries
>     cause I was only out for 4 days and it is supposed to do approx 50 L on
>     a set of batteries. First night it was 14* low. These lithium batteries
>     are not supposed to be affected by cold. I played with it the second
>     night with a low of 34* and it would only come on a few seconds and
>     would not even go to the pint setting of two button pushes. The third
>     night at Fulhardt Knob shelter with the cistern and green water
>
> <SNIP>
Notice how I only included a little of the original email and not the
whole blame digest.....

--
My Journal http:\\postholer.com\chaseat99
Heading to PCT in less than a month yea!!!