[pct-l] Feet toughening

Eric Lee saintgimp at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 13 00:36:16 CDT 2009

Radar wrote:

It is important to deal with hot spots ASAP.  Don't
walk another two miles to your next break before
stopping and tending to foot problems.  That is
easily the difference between an annoyance and a
multi-day blister.

This is easily the best foot care advice you'll ever hear, and for some dumb
reason it's also the hardest to follow.  I *know* I should always stop and
fix my feet at the first hint of something wrong, but for some reason I
still think, "Oh, it's nothing.  It'll go away in a little while.  I'll just
hike until my next rest break then maybe look at it."  And sure enough, I
end up trashing my feet.  Sigh.  WHY IS IT SO HARD?!?!?

Eric