[pct-l] trail fatalities

Will M jalan04 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 19:10:46 CDT 2009

I'm planning on doing a short talk on Thru-Hiking at work next month and was
just thinking about what the 5 most dangerous aspects of thru hiking are.
I'm looking for input but in no particular order I have hypothermia,
falling, river crossings, heart attacks, dehydration, rattlesnakes.  I'm
guessing most non-hikers would list bears but I don't think they belong in
the top five.  Any thought s on this.