[pct-l] Plumas Transit/Quincy

CHUCK CHELIN steeleye at wildblue.net
Sun Mar 15 17:10:17 CDT 2009

Good afternoon,

Last year to get around the big wildland fire I took Plums Transit from the
southeast, and stopped at Chester.  From there it’s about 6-8 miles to where
the trail crosses busy Rt. 36 and I got a hitch very quickly.  From Quincy
the hitch would be longer up to Bucks Pass, and that road has less traffic.
Both can work OK.

Steel-Eye

Hiking the Pct since before it was the PCT -- 1965

http://www.trailjournals.com/steel-eye