[pct-l] (PCT-L) John Muir Trail Atlas (Coming Summer '09!)

Erik The Black erik at eriktheblack.com
Sun Mar 15 21:49:54 CDT 2009

Howdy,

Just a quick announcement...

I will be coming out with a new guidebook this summer, which means another
"Trail Atlas" will be coming to another trail near you!

Next up in the cross-hairs is the John Muir Trail!

Work has been underway on this book for some time and I'm aiming for a
release date of July 1st, 2009.

The John Muir Trail Atlas will share a similar format to the Pacific Crest
Trail Atlas. It will feature the same easy-to-read layout, full-color
topographic maps, elevation profiles, data tables and all the other features
from the PCT Atlas, plus a ton of JMT specific information, such as:

-      Town Maps for all of of the towns in the Owens Valley along
       Hwy 395 plus Yosemite Valley

-      Public transportation schedules and recommendations for
       getting to and from the trail-heads and towns

-      Information on bear boxes, campsites, creek fords, peaks,
       passes, alternate routes, side trips, & more

Of course all of the information will be be packed into an ultralight,
pocket-sized booklet for easy carrying and quick use, just like the PCT
Atlas. The JMT Atlas will be the same width and height as one of the PCT
Atlas books (5"x8") but about half as thick and half as heavy.

I estimate the total weight will be around 2.5 ounces.

It will be designed with southbound hikers in mind because that is the most
popular direction to hike the JMT. But both northbound and southbound
mileage will be included in the data table so you can use it just as easily
to hike northbound.

If you're interested in learning more about the JMT Atlas you can go to the
new JMT Atlas website and join my mailing list. I'll be releasing more
details and a free sample download during the next couple of months.

Here is the link:

http://www.jmtatlas.com <http://www.jmtatlas.com/>

Happy Trails!
Erik The Black