[pct-l] enough with the chicken thread

Ikem Freeman ikem.freeman at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 15 22:43:27 CDT 2009

DP,

I agree with almost everything you suggested, except for one: #6 laminate your thru permit ... Don't waist the weight!

In '08, I ran into about 4 rangers, mostly after KM. I had to ASK THEM to look at my thru permit, and quite frankly, none of them wanted to nor did they care! My thought was this ... I've been carrying the silly thing since CAMPO, I at least wanted someone to see it! Don't get me wrong here, EVERY THRU HIKER NEEDS ONE ... just don't add more weight to your pack to laminate it. Rather, bury it deep in the unknown pockets of your back and know that it's safe there, along with your passport and your stash of emergency cash..

O. Ikem Sofar