[pct-l] Alternate routes

Diane at Santa Barbara Hikes dot com diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Sun Mar 15 23:36:30 CDT 2009

I loved taking the alternate routes mentioned in the guide book.
Especially when they used the words "lake-blessed".

Be forewarned, however, that there is an alternate route listed
somewhere (if it's in the official guide book, I guess I missed it)
that says you can cross the Mojave somewhere different from the
current main route. Don't take that alternate route! Last year some
fellow hikers told the tale of how they ended up staring at a giant
concrete wall and had to be rescued. There's a lady out there who
says every year at least a half dozen people attempt this old
alternate route and she finds them and drives them to safety again.