[pct-l] Items lost on the PCT

Stephen reddirt2 at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 16 16:19:23 CDT 2009

Sort of like an "Idiot Light" ?
I get a lot of names and numbers when I hike for various reasons.  I just
write them in my journal, and use a couple sheets for scratch pad if I need
to hand out a number etc...
I've had the oppertunity to send things along thier way quite a few times.
Though I don't much like carrying extra stuff, it's the right thing to do.
As far as leaving stuff behind by accident, it helps to have bright colored
accesories, esspecially with small items.  My little knife scissors has a
short bright red lanyard.  My coffee mug is bright blue etc...
Besides looking around after packing up, I've also been known to stop along
the trail and completely search my gear to make sure I packed everything
because I couldn't remember putting it away.  Better safe than sorry.  Don't
take things for granted.
Stephen