[pct-l] whippet

ned at pacificcrestcustombuilders.com ned at pacificcrestcustombuilders.com
Mon Mar 16 16:33:12 CDT 2009

Mori,

Having just returned from the first of four PCT-Prep Snow Courses of this
year, where the Whippet was used in self-arrest demonstration, I can't
imagine why the carbon fiber lowers might be any weaker for regular use. If
being used for sit-down glissading, where you put force on the lower section
as a rudder, I would hope the carbon fiber will be fine. We have no
experience with the cf version.

The other nice aspect of the Whippet is that the axe head can be removed
when you want to use the pole as your regular walking stick.

Mtnned