[pct-l] Request for snow conditions from a PCT thru

Linda Jeffers GottaGo at LindaJeffers.com
Tue Mar 17 22:40:53 CDT 2009

I posted photos and described meeting a couple of PCT hikers today on my
blog <http://gottagolinda.blogspot.com/> .

I gave one of the PCT thrus named Barney (trail name - Be Hope) my card. He
called tonight asking if I would post this request to the PCT L.

This is what he asked:

"Thru hikers in Warner Springs, leaving in a day or so would like to know
snow conditions north of Warner Springs, specifically at Apache Peak and the
San Jacinto mountains in general. Would also like to know current snow
conditions in the San Bernadinos."

Barney will be calling me tomorrow night from Warner Springs around 9pm to
hear what you have to say about the snow conditions.

Barney said there was one fast, young, hiker named Alex just ahead of him.
Two section hikers were in Warner Springs.

Here is wishing the PCT Class of 2009 hikers a life changing hike. I only
wish I were going out with you!

Gottago

p.s. Bandana color this year is YELLOW with a red trail and dark blue town
trail mileage listings.

p.p.s. The hikers were most grateful for the 150 gallons of