[pct-l] Laces

Diane at Santa Barbara Hikes dot com diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Wed Mar 18 10:01:02 CDT 2009

On Mar 18, 2009, at 5:45 AM, pct-l-request at backcountry.net wrote:

> Subject: [pct-l] Laces
> I have seen talk of shoes, stinky feet and such. My question is
> what lace style do you use?

I've had bad luck with shoes that have thin laces that cinch up with
a cord lock. For one thing, they are hard to get and keep the right
tightness. The first thing to beak seems to be the place where the
laces cut into the eyelets (or in the case of my shoes last year, tie-
outs). Once the eyelet is broken, the whole shoe is worthless. A shoe
that is designed so the one replaceable part of the shoe is no longer
replaceable and becomes the main point of failure is a shoe designed
to make sure that you buy more shoes.