[pct-l] PCT Historical Trek

Vincent Rupp vincent.rupp at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 15:02:11 CDT 2009

Hey Bronze,

I looked over your webpage. Sounds like you are planning one heck of an
adventure!

I'm not at all familiar with gear prior to, say, 2002, but do you have
anything to keep yourself dry? Even in moderate temps, hypothermia will set
in very quickly if you're soaked. Does some of your bedding double as a
tarp?

You might consider slightly increasing your emergency scenario provisions.
I'm guessing the mortality rate for frontiersmen was shockingly higher than
for contemporary distance hikers. Immodium may not be authentic, but it'll
prevent dehydration if you get a nasty gut bug in a long dry stretch. It's
always your choice if you use it. At the very least, you can silence the
critics you'll invariably run into.

Also, the "PCT Equipment List" link in your blog doesn't work. I'm curious
to see your gear weight breakdown.

See you on the trail,
Vincent