[pct-l] Absent at Kick Off

Amanda L Silvestri aslive at sbcglobal.net
Sat Mar 21 19:56:10 CDT 2009

Although there is no regular shuttle that will be picking up hikers for the Kick Off, there are PCT hikers that live reasonably close to the trail all along it's length.

As an option you can register on the WEB Site for a ride needed.  If you don't know where you will be exactly and have access to the Internet, you can again go to the WEB site and look at the rides offered and see if anyone is leaving from near where you are at the time and ask them for a ride.

As an example.  people who live in North Los Angeles could be driving down the 14, crossing the trail near Agua Dulca, others from the North East may be driving along the foothills of the San Gabriel Mt's, while others may drive out from of Big Bear and the San Bernardino Mts.  Others could be coming from near Idyllwild or Warner Springs.  So getting a ride should not be too much of a problem.

Of course the sooner you contact someone, the more certain you will be of your ride.  If you are able to get to a major road crossing, you should not have much trouble at all.

I will be heading down from L.A.  Depending on where you are, I might be able to give you a ride if you can't find one closer to where you are.

Shepherd