[pct-l] stoves and water filters

Bethany Cooper bethanycooper at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 01:06:13 CDT 2009

Hi,

I am replacing my MSR Whisperlite stove and would like suggestions
from past thru-hikers.  I am thinking of going with a screw-on
canister stove.  Are the standard butane/propane canisters readily
available in most resupply towns?  Any other thoughts, pros/cons with
that style?

I use an MSR Sweetwater filter.  For those who have thru-hiked with
the same filter, what is your experience with filter life, i.e., how
many filters did you go through over the course of the entire trail?

Thanks!

Bethany