[pct-l] Restless Wheeled Humor

Jonathan Blees Jblees at energy.state.ca.us
Thu Mar 26 18:49:21 CDT 2009

Dear Messrs. Metzger and Pirate,

All of your talk about the nasty herd, chickens with barn fever,
mega-support-vehicles and the like has inspired me to help you get
inspired for the upcoming hiking season.  Herewith, then, an Ode FOR JMT
and Swithback.  This little ditty is sung to the tune of The Beach Boys'
"Little Deuce Coupe"; I fully expect you "gentlemen" to give a rousing
performance at the Kickoff (oh Lord, please let me be there!).

Wildheart

PCT Wheels, you don't know what we got
(PCT Wheels, you don't know what we got)

Well listen PCT'ers now and don't start to wail
'Cuz we got the fastest set of bitchin’ wheels on trail
Ain't no one can keep up with us, they don't even try
Just get some chicken wings and we know we could fly

It's our PCT Wheels, you don't know what we got
(PCT Wheels, you don't know what we got)

They've got some studly snow tires to get us over each pass
And our posi-traction gear is gonna kick some a**
A big Marine flag's wavin' overhead
And for sweet comfy nights we got fold-out beds

It's our PCT Wheels, you don't know what we got
(PCT Wheels, you don't know what we got)

A big refrigerator filled with nothin' but beer
And a sun canopy will bring us nothin' but cheer
And the very best way that we tricked out our rides
They've got the seats for hiker babes to ride on all four sides

And startin' from Morena when the KickOff''s done
We gonna blow ya out the water yeah we’ll have some fun
All you grubby lookin' hiker Dudes should shake off your rust
We're gonna spin our chrome wheels and make you cough in the dust

It's our PCT Wheels, you don't know what we got
(PCT Wheels, you don't know what we got)

It’s my Trail Pirate Wheels, you don't know what I got
(Trail Pirate Wheels, you don't know what I got)

It’s my JMT Wheels, you don't know what I got