[pct-l] YCC Camp

CHUCK CHELIN steeleye at wildblue.net
Fri Mar 27 07:52:08 CDT 2009

Good morning, Robert,

What a wonderful adventure that will be for a young person.  At the ages of
14 and 15 I worked on the staff of a Boy Scout summer camp.  The setting was
not nearly as glamorous as Yellowstone but I was amazed that they would
actually pay me to spend the summer at camp.  The pay was inconsequential:
$12 per week for the 6 weeks the camp operated, plus 3 additional weeks of
unpaid volunteer setup and close-down time.  I could have made much more
money at home but the thought never entered my mind.

Steel-Eye

Hiking the Pct since before it was the PCT -- 1965

 http://www.trailjournals.com/steel-eye

 http://www.trailjournals.com/SteelEye09