[pct-l] Restless Wheeled Humor

Diane at Santa Barbara Hikes dot com diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Fri Mar 27 13:19:41 CDT 2009

On Mar 27, 2009, at 10:00 AM, pct-l-request at backcountry.net wrote:

> Ooohhh.....I like that idea!!!
> ''Switchback  &  Reinhold  and the Hiker Chicks''  the featured
> attraction at the KO.

Somewhere in this inane thread, which I've only barely browsed, I
noticed my name. And now it has been connected with hiker chicks,
singing and hula outfits. I don't want to go to the Kickoff anymore.
I am a 44 year old, overweight, socially inept, unattractive woman
with hairy legs and B.O. I'm not a "chick" by any means. Or a doo-wop
girl. I'm NOT going on stage. I'm not going to sing. I'm NOT going to
wear anything revealing. I'm just going to hide in a corner somewhere
and pretend I'm somebody else.

You men have all the luck. If only I could grow a beard to disguise
myself.