[pct-l] Check Cashing

Diane at Santa Barbara Hikes dot com diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Fri Mar 27 17:26:12 CDT 2009

On Mar 27, 2009, at 3:01 PM, pct-l-request at backcountry.net wrote:

> Check Cashing

I once received as a gift (from my job) a "credit card", I think it
was American Express, that was really just some cash. I could use it
anywhere for anything (so long as they took American Express). I
don't know if other card companies do the same, but you could look
into that. Another option, if you know what grocery store there is in
town, is to perhaps send you a gift certificate. This kind of limits
you to bigger towns and knowing what grocery stores are there and
having access to the same stores in San Diego. Yet another option, if
you have paypal, is to let him make donations to you via paypal. He
could also send you a plain old check which you can deposit at the
bank. They do have banks in some of these towns. You'd want to find
out if there's a branch of your bank in town.