[pct-l] PCT Perpetual Bear Canister Loan Program - Donations wanted

enyapjr at comcast.net enyapjr at comcast.net
Sat Mar 28 08:22:35 CDT 2009

In 2007, 13 bear canisters were loaned out ('free' except for return shipping) to nobo PCT thru-hikers...
In 2008, 20 bear canisters were loaned out, plus an additional 6 through a "one-on-one" loan...
Unfortunately some canisters have been 'lost' either in return shipping or due to damage...
Looking to increase the bear canister 'inventory' for the 2009 season and beyond (or at least get back to the previous '08 quantity)...
More bear canister donations (or money towards purchase) would be greatly appreciated...

Do you have a seldom used bear canister gathering dust in your basement/garage/closet that could be put to better
use every season to be loaned out to a nobo PCT thru-hiker?
If you would like to consider donating a bear canister to the program, or money towards purchasing additional canisters,
please contact me off-list via email - (subject: PCT Bear Can donation)...
I will explain the 'program' in further detail and answer any of your questions if requested...

Thank you!  Happy hiking and...  Happy trails!!!
Jim / PITA