[pct-l] Steri pen water purification

The Incredible Bulk taterno at cox.net
Sat Mar 28 20:20:04 CDT 2009

I have never seen rechargeable lithium batteries in the AA form factor, but that is not to say that this is not a new battery.  My advise is to read the package label carefully.  If rechargeable is not indicated on the label, do not attempt to charge these batteries.  Lithium batteries have been known to explode if mishandled, and I have seen it first hand when I used to use them for RC car racing.

Tom KI6ASP
The Incredible Bulk
pctaddict.blogspot.com

---- Trekker4 at aol.com wrote:

No, the only lithium's I know of are not  rechargable, definitely not if
they're the blue and silver ones from Eveready.  Regardless, an AA is an AA; good
question, but the voltage is equivalent.
    Buy your Eveready Lithiums at Sam's, $20 for 12 - a  lot less than $10
for 4. They have a shelf life of 15 years, and last 7 times as  long.

In a message dated 3/28/2009 5:20:31 P.M. Central Daylight Time,