[pct-l] Steri pen water purification

Charles W. Davidson chaseat99 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 29 08:05:38 CDT 2009

    One thing that was not mentioned in the battery discussion is the
great advantage of a Lithium battery in cold weather and it weighs half
as much. Where an alkaline becomes weaker and life grows shorter the
colder it gets. Lithiums are pretty much un affected by the cold. This
makes all the difference in the winter.  Just speculating but I expect
at 0* F one lithium is easily worth seven alkaline as many
advertisements suggest. The very first Lithium batteries where double
voltage and required a dummy battery for a two battery setup. 20 years
ago REI sold a Moon light that used one Lithium 3v C sized cell. I am
glad they make them more compatible now. Some devices state do not use
Lithium or will cause overheating. I have one gps that the screen will
go crazy if you use Lithium. An old camera I have said no Lithium but it
always worked just fine with them.
       Come on April 8. I am ready to get started and put my batteries
to use. I can hardly wait to see my first desert. mmm chocolate.

chase

--
My Journal http://postholer.com/chaseat99

<snip>
notice  how I cut away the rest of the RE: steri pen message that you have already seen