[pct-l] Trailjournaling device recommendations?

Brian Lewis brianle8 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 13:20:38 CDT 2009

Agreed with Chase on Postholer.com.  I started on T.J. last year, but
switched to Postholer because it worked better (User interface overall as
well as speed) for accessing from my smartphone while on the trail or in
trail towns.  And then Scott added features along the way, not only the
ability to email entries, but a mobile-specific version of his site.  I
ultimately ended up not emailing my entries because the mobile interface
worked well enough that I used that instead, but the formatted email option
works great too.   I also really liked the weather reports he added to the
mobile version, and would add that --- while I don't always agree with Scott
on every topic on this board (ADZKO, for example) --- I found him very
responsive and quick to fix or improve features when issues or suggestions
came up, a pleasure to work with.

In terms of selecting a device, the AT&T Tilt sounds like a great option.
Before you actually purchase one, you might want to look at this:
http://postholer.com/smartPhone.html

Brian Lewis / Gadget '08
http://postholer.com/brianle