[pct-l] Castella to Seiad in mid-June

Deems losthiker at sisqtel.net
Mon Mar 30 21:41:20 CDT 2009

You will have some short snow fields on north faces above 5500ft, and on
south faces above 6000 ft from my experience.  Ridgelines should be melted
out, as will most of the trail. This section should be easily hikeable if
you have experience in these conditions. I hiked into the Marbles to 4000 ft
and hit snow this weekend.
A friend and I are thinking of hiking from Castella to Seiad in the
third week of June.  This is looking like a normal snow year up there.
Does anyone have any experience with that section in a normal snow year?

Jeffrey Olson
Martin, SD