[pct-l] Chaffing Skin in the Desert

Pat Wormington airecrew at netzero.net
Tue Mar 31 16:03:44 CDT 2009

While packing my pack I started thinking about the chaffing I
experienced in the Desert.  I have hiked almost all of the PCT and
nowhere else on the PCT will you experience such dry air as Southern CA
and chaffing problems.  The inside of my thighs were rubbed raw by the
seams of my zip-offs.  I wore bike shorts under my pants, and my light
long johns inside out at night.  The seams were too painful against my skin.

Also for those testing their sleeping bags at home remember you will be
dropping weight on the trail, shedding your natural insulation.  I carry
a 15 degree bag and I love it.

Almost There...............Jollylopper