[pct-l] Chaffing Skin in the Desert

Stephen reddirt2 at earthlink.net
Tue Mar 31 20:27:39 CDT 2009

This sounds a bit extreme, but if not used to the dry air, yeah it desicates
one quite quickly.
As far as chafing, I will never forget rubbing my but cheeks raw hiking big
miles in the Sierra.  The only thing I found that worked, and I used this
often racing bicycles, was to carry a small amount of good old fashioned
vasaline.  It works really good on cracked lips also and sooths cracked
dried skin.
Hard zippers are the reason I have never relished theideaof hiking with
convertible short/pants.  However I just got some really light ones from Ex
and will give these a go. Zipper are covered and  no issue.