[pct-l] Superfeet? (foot related but somewhat OT)

Tortoise Tortoise73 at charter.net
Sat May 2 22:31:19 CDT 2009

I usually wear New Balance shoes -- 2E width with the wide toes to
better fit my feet.

I've had problems with my arches and have a pair of Rx orthotics.

I had some foot problems so I padded my one orthotic with a couple
layers of moleskin in the arch area.  That seemed to help.

For a while I was wearing my NBs with just the green superfeet.
Eventually my feet started hurting and I had some knee problems.  don't
know if the knee problems  are/were related to my foot problems.

Now I'm trying the superfeet (green) with the unpadded orthotics.  so
far, so good. but only time will tell.

So give the green superfeet a try.  Also when I got my first pair of
Superfeet at the San Francisco REI, the clerk mentioned that they could
also make custom Superfeet there so this may help.

Beyond that I think the ADA requires employers to make reasonable
accommodations for people with disabilities. I'm not a lawyer but it
seems to me your situation would require your employer to allow you to
wear footwear for your disability, especially since you had previously
worn them without objection.

Then maybe you can just dye your NBs black.  ;-)

Tortoise

<> He who finishes last, wins! <>