[pct-l] Superfeet? (foot related but somewhat OT)

Reinhold Metzger reinholdmetzger at cox.net
Sun May 3 06:03:48 CDT 2009

Marion,
I also suffered a herniated disk in my lower back from a bad fall in the
Grand Canyon  a few years ago.
Could barely get around with a walker for a month or two due to a
pinched nerve in the third disk from the bottom.
The Orthopedic Doctor advised against back surgery because he felt I was
in good shape and the body sometimes has the ability to heal itself  by
either dissolving the protruding ruptured portion of the disk or
shrinking the surrounding tissue to relieve the pressure on the nerve.
Slowly with therapy I was getting better.
A subsequent MRI three years ago showed no evidence of a rupture
disk....the body, as the Dr. predicted,  dissolved the protruding
portion of the ruptured disk itself.
I am not back to 100%, the back still bothers me somewhat and have some
problem with my right foot due to some permanent nerve damage but I can
pretty much do most anything.
I don't know when you ruptured your disks but, perhaps, the body needs
more time to heal itself.
Also, I found that the elastic back supports, that look somewhat like a
girdle, relax and support my back and seem to help.
Therefore I sometimes wear the back support if  I am doing work that
requires much lifting or bending.

I like to get into girdles...OK...OK...my own girdle.

JMT Reinhold