[pct-l] Skirts (for women)

Diane at Santa Barbara Hikes dot com diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Tue May 5 22:32:17 CDT 2009

So I noticed a lot of women hikers at the KO wearing skirts. I'm
interested in trying a skirt, but I have a couple of reservations. If
you have experience, could you share?

Here are my reservations:
- Mosquitos. That's a lot of exposed skin. (I normally wear long
pants.) Sunburn is an issue too, and the trail is too dusty for
sunblock, but it would be so much easier to wash up maybe I could
apply it. I don't like deet.
- Scratchy brush on my lower legs.
- Skirts I've tried don't seem to be very wide. I could probably cut
a slit along a seam to fix this. Or maybe find a different skirt.

Anyway, any info will help me decide what to wear. (I can't believe
I'm worrying about what to wear, but my pants are totally shredded by
my local, overgrown trails.)