[pct-l] Trail closure near Kitchen Creek

Mann bmann1 at san.rr.com
Wed May 6 18:01:15 CDT 2009

We just received the following notice from the PCTA:

A Super Cobra military attack helicopter crashed late Tuesday. The Pacific
Crest Trail has been closed in the area of Kitchen Creek. PCT traffic will
be re-directed to follow Kitchen Creek Road to Mt. Laguna, avoiding the
crash site. Cibbetts Flat Campground is also closed because of the crash.
The closures may remain in effect through May 11, 2009 until the area is
declared safe by the Military.

The above trail condition report is posted on our website.  This closure is
due to explosives that were on the helicopter when it went down.  This
section of the trail will be closed until military locates all explosives.
Please let those you are in contact know of the reroute.  I will be posting
a map of the reroute as soon as possible;  waiting to receive it from USFS.

-Scout and Frodo