[pct-l] wearing a skirt

Lost and Found hikingis4me2 at yahoo.com
Wed May 6 19:43:01 CDT 2009

Diane -
I was probably the first woman who wore a Macabi skirt on the Colorado Trail in 2006. I loved it.  It was cooler on a hot day than pants, offered SPF 30 protection, deep pockets for camera, map, snacks, etc., and big enough in the hem to do almost everything.  The skirt can be adjusted to make harem pants, shorts, etc.  I wore long johns/rain pants underneath as per weather.

I took a skirt and zip off leg pants on the PCT, and ended up mailing the skirt, which was size long, home because I didn't want to carry the extra weight and the mosquito issue. Last year, with the abundance of mosquitoes in Oregon, that was probably the best choice for me.

Lost and Found

Life is an adventure on two feet.

Who is Lost and Found who hikes?