[pct-l] Bear Canister

enyapjr at comcast.net enyapjr at comcast.net
Sat May 9 08:08:37 CDT 2009

> Anyone in So Cal (preferably San Diego area) have a bear canister that they'd be willing
> to lend to me?  We're going on a 5 day in Sec G (Whitney area) from 7/2-7/6 and I don't
> go into that area enough that I want to buy one.
>
> Oneatatime

You didn't say where you were starting/stopping, but one can rent bear canisters at the Interagency Visitor Center in Lone Pine on the eastern side - which you would go by to get to Whitney Portal or Horseshoe Meadow trailheads (for others info, there are also rental locations in the Sierra at Bishop, Mammoth, Devils Postpile, & Lee Vining on the East; at various Seki locations - Mineral King, Foothills, Lodgepole, Grant Grove, & Roads End; or Yosemite locations - Tuolumne, Valley, Wawona, & Hwy. 120 entrance from Manteca)...
For eastern approach, see Inyo NF bear page, http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/inyo/recreation/wild/bear.shtml...

Bearikade also has a rental program, see https://id215.chi.us.securedata.net/~wild-ideas/rent.html...

Happy trails!!!
Jim / PITA