[pct-l] USFS wilderness v. NPS wilderness

Carl Siechert carlito at gmail.com
Sat May 9 17:39:56 CDT 2009

Yes, there can be designated wilderness areas in national parks. For
example, the Omnibus Public Lands Management Act, which was signed into law
last month, designated wilderness areas in the following national parks, as
well as on other NPS (e.g., national monuments, national seashores),
national forest, and BLM lands:

   - Joshua Tree NP (80,000 acres)
   - Sequoia and Kings Canyon NP (90,000 acres)
   - Rocky Mountain NP (250,000 acres)
   - Zion NP

Learn lots more about wilderness from The Wilderness Society (wilderness.org
).