[pct-l] Help!

Tortoise Tortoise73 at charter.net
Mon May 11 22:46:37 CDT 2009

John,

I only have two of your posts on my computer, this one and one on
05/10/2009.  Both read fine on my Apple Mac using Thunderbird email client.

  From what you describe my guess is that your email program you are
using to read the emails is using the wrong character encoding setting
to decode (convert) the actual email message into what is displayed on
your screen.

I sometimes have a similar problem with weird characters in someone's
email and I change the character encoding setting to view that message
and I get a more readable text with fewer weird characters. Since I
don't know what email program are using and very little about the other
programs, this is about all the help I can provide.  Try looking thru
your email program menus and see if there is an item for character
encoding.  Try switching between "Western" and "Unicode" to view the
message and see if this helps.

Tortoise

<> He who finishes last, wins! <>