[pct-l] Out of Contact Hikers on PCT

Bill Burge bill at burge.com
Thu May 14 23:49:07 CDT 2009

A few questions:

Are they going from south to north?  (Mex --> Can)

Idyllwild --> Big Bear is about 100 miles of trail.  Had they left
Idyllwild when the last SPoT message was sent?

Are they carrying a cell phone?  (there would probably be coverage
from San Jacinto to the the 10 freeway and and part of the way up from
the 10)

How often were they making SPoT messages before the 6th?

How available are you, physically, if there is a problem?

I am familiar with portions of that area and will help if I can (but
it is 2+ hour drive to get there).

BillB