[pct-l] Out of Contact Hikers on PCT

Halfmile halfmile at pctmap.net
Fri May 15 01:27:09 CDT 2009

Wes,
You might try calling the Natures Inn and the Big Bear Hostel, both
are popular hiker hangouts in Big Bear. Maybe someone there might have
seen them.

http://www.naturesinnatbigbearlake.com/
http://www.bigbearhostel.com/

In 2007 I know of one hiker who spent most of the day lost in the
Whitewater Creek area, but he found is way back to the trail OK.
That's about 16 miles north on the PCT from the last SPOT message.

Also ATT cell phones don't work (and probably none of the others
either)  for at least a 20 mile stretch of the trail around the
Mission Creek area.

-Halfmile