[pct-l] Kennedy meadows store

jeff.singewald at comcast.net jeff.singewald at comcast.net
Sun May 17 20:11:05 CDT 2009

In my opinion, the KM store as limited supplies and I would hate to arrive there with the expectation of buying sufficient supplies for the trip to VVR if you intend to go all the way through to VVR.  Even if I were to go out earlier, I would not count on their supplies.  In 2006 I arrived at KM earlier than most and even so there supplies were limited.  They go to town (Ridgecrest) to buy supplies from what I understand once a week,  and they bring as much as possible, but there selection is limited.  Going through the Sierra, your food requirements may likely increase; I know mine did and I was very glad that I sent a full resupply to KM.  But, I used resupply boxes on the entirity of my thru hike.

With that said, the store can and grill and the cafe down the road a mile or so, easily supplied by dietary requirements for the 3 days I stayed at KM waiting for my hiking partners to arrive.  The grill made a mean burger and the locals had a pot-luck dinner in which they invited the thru-hikers that were there (6-10 at the time).

I would encourage you to send a full resupply here to get you to your next intended resupply whether that be at VVR or Independence.  But, others may disagree as dietary requirements tend to be different within the hiking community.

Enjoy your hike and Walk On.

Elevator