[pct-l] Cool PCT Story

Michael Jurado kungfutbol at yahoo.com
Mon May 18 01:12:52 CDT 2009

Hey all,
    I just got back from camping with my 3rd/4th grade class at Silverwood Lake in Wrightwood.  We were there Tuesday - Friday and had an amazing trip.  Before we arrived in Wrightwood, I was pretty sure we would run into some thru-hikers, and sure enough we did.  On our last night there we met our new buddies: Mowgli, Kyle, and Rockstar, who had dinner with us and generously had a Q and A with my students.  It was one of the highlights of the trip as my students were in awe of these unique hikers with such amazing stories.  We all felt as if we truly made some special friends that night(Mowgli and Kyle even had s'mores with us).  The experience added even more to my drive to hike the PCT in 2010.  Just wanted to post this story as inspiration to all fellow aspiring PCT hikers as an example of the magic of the PCT.  Go hikers!
                                                       -Mikey Jurado