[pct-l] The weapons question

Mike Cunningham hikermiker at yahoo.com
Wed May 20 10:59:16 CDT 2009

--- On Wed, 5/20/09, Mike Cunningham <hikermiker at yahoo.com> wrote:

From: Mike Cunningham <hikermiker at yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [pct-l] The weapons question
To: ned at pacificcrestcustombuilders.com
Date: Wednesday, May 20, 2009, 11:58 AM

The question is why are guns allowed in a National Forest but not in a National Park. I believe that the reason has to do with hunting. If I am carrying a loaded weapon am I hunting or just prepared to defend myself?

In Connecticut, where I live, hunting is not permitted on Sundays. If I carry a loaded weapon in the woods on a Sunday that alone is considered to be evidence of hunting.

Not permitting weapons in a National Park makes hunting not a problem.

mike