[pct-l] getting to Belden

Brill Stephen stephenbrill at yahoo.com
Wed May 20 13:48:32 CDT 2009

Hello all,

I am planning to hike from Belden to Castle Crags starting 24 June.  My plan is to drive to Dunsmuir, then taking the Amtrak train from there to Chico.  Then I can take the Plumas Transit bus from Chico to Belden, but there is an 11-hour wait between the time when the train arrives and the bus leaves.

I am wondering if there is some kind person who lives in or near Chico that would be willing to meet me in Chico on that Wednesday morning and then drive me up to Belden.  Of course, I am happy to pay for gasoline, etc.

Alternatively, anyone want to hike this section with me?  We could then set up a shuttle with our two cars and eliminate the need for bus and train.

Please feel free to respond offlist to stephenbrill at yahoo.com.

Thanks much,

-- Steve (Moondancer