[pct-l] Fragmenting the PCT information sources

Rod Belshee rbelshee at hotmail.com
Fri May 22 20:13:40 CDT 2009

I used to read every post. Now I find I scan the titles maybe 20% of the
days and find very little of value.

One hope may be try to restore the list to it's prior value. Another is to
simply accept that it is what it is, and start pointing new hikers
elsewhere. That's what I now do in my REI talks.  Time moves on and things
change.  That's just the way it is.  It's time to find other resources to
connect new hikers with experienced hikers. So far, I haven't found any
great ones, though some are evolving such as Postholer and annual Yahoo
groups.  As you find better ones, please post the references here so we can
migrate the function of connecting new and experienced to a different forum
and let this one go wherever it is going.

Steady Sr