[pct-l] Purpose of PCT-L

Tortoise Tortoise73 at charter.net
Sat May 23 11:35:55 CDT 2009

What is the purpose of this list?

I checked the website for the official purpose stated by Brick and/or
Ryan and did not find a statement.

At least for me this list is about the PCT -- thru hiking, "section"
hiking whether that be a few miles or 2000, hiking gear as it relates
(hopefully) to the PCT, maintaining and protecting the trail and trail
corridor, and so on.

Sure there is a lot of discussion in the off season about helping those
planning to thru hike, but this has not been the sole topic.

I've learned a lot about lite wate (light weight) backpacking. I met a
good hiking buddy thru this list.

So let's continue to discuss the PCT and just ignore the rest.

Tortoise

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong."

--H. L. Mencken

<> He who finishes last, wins! <>