[pct-l] anger vs discussion

kcristler kerouc at verizon.net
Sat May 23 16:10:25 CDT 2009

a little preachy, Amanda, but not TOO preachy. it was you and your opinion,
that's all. Your views are appreciated as much as all the others. Reading
threads like these, one realizes the great diversity of opinions and views
held by hikers. From totally over the top,semi-whacked-out, to timid, please
don't disagree with each other type of people. That is why this list is
interesting. Some people are complaing that we should stick to hiking only
issues, religiously. Well, this list amazes me whenever someone asks for
hiking advice, be it equipment, route, timing, travel or whatever. There is
instantaneous outpouring of advice from all the experienced hikers. Most
inquirers end up sending a post that reads "thank you so much, i never
dreamed i'd get this much great advice". In the meantime, when no one is
seeking advice, we gravitate to more contentious areas of the pct
experience. If a thread irks someone, say your piece, or just don't read the
thread, but why say to the others "stop, this thread irks me". As many of us
know :)  we have great moderaters to take care of that . Just my opinion of
what i consider a great and liberal list.
               kerry